Are you looking for a gentle and natural face wash for oily skin? Is your skin oily, sensitive, prone to flare ups, clogged with open pores & blemishes? Read on for more information on how to treat your skin and make it look its best, naturally.
Ayurvedic science behind oily skin that struggles with excess oil & open pores
Oily, easily irritable skin usually has a Pitta-Kapha dominant prakriti as its basis. Such skin can also be highly sensitive. It could react strongly to harsh cleansers, granular scrubs and microplastics, heat and high sun exposure. Any attempt to strip skin of oil has the skin responding aggressively with higher sebum production. So skin gets oilier, looks dull, pores expand, get clogged and breakouts increase.
Living in climate with hot, humid weather, eating untimely meals or eating food that is oily , spicy, salty and sour in nature can lead to excess oil in skin. Stress can increase this condition further.
With the increase in sebum and oiliness, there could be greater breakouts, whiteheads and blackheads in skin. We can alo observe large open pores due to excess sebum and clogged skin.
Therefore when oily skin is not looked after correctly, it can lead to unevenness in skin texture, blemishes & redness and sensitive skin.
How to choose the best face wash for oily skin – Ayurvedic advice
As oily skin is so easily sensitised and so influenced by the weather and what we eat, Ayurveda advises a specific skin care regimen for oily skin.
- The products used for Oily skin must be able to balance Pitta dosha and Kapha dosha in skin.
- The ingredients and herbs used must soothe and not sensitise skin – this is critical as such skin is extremely sensitive.
- The cleanser should cleanse without drying skin and should only remove excess oil. Oily skin may react to harsh cleansing by producing more sebum defeating the very purpose of the cleansing. Products with high detergency or excessive lather are problematic for skin
- The facial cleanser should not harm the bacterial colony on skin. Harsh cleansing and excessive detergency can wipe away the friendly microbe colony on skin and introduce unwanted microorganisms which could infect skin causing cystic acne
- The product should not over exfoliate skin as this can again sensitize and aggravate skin
- The face cleanser should deeply cleanse the skin and thoroughly unclog pores. Excess sebum and debris in clogged pores leads to whiteheads and blackheads, and when aggravated, acne and pimples
- Ingredients used should deliver their effects without irritating skin. Ingredients like Niacinamide may end up further sensitizing skin and causing redness and breakouts
How we formulate the Classic face cleanser that is best for oily skin at Krya
At Krya, we strictly adhere to both the values and thought behind a genuinely Ayurvedic product. We use only gentle organic ayurvedic ingredients (both grains & lentils and ayurvedic herbs) to formulate our face washes.
We do not use oil-stripping surfactants, harsh enzymes, skin barrier-destroying artificial vitamins or ingredients like salicylic acid, niacinamide etc.
Instead, we have deeply analyzed the Ayurvedic classical texts and painstakingly created a consumer-loved powder cleanser formula. Our formula is:
- Researched and formulated specially for normal – oily, pitta-kapha imbalanced skin
- Made only from organic lentils, grains, plant resins and ayurvedic herbs
- Contains NO chemicals, surfactants, colours, additives or synthetic fragrances
- Each ingredient has been individually processed to ensure that the formula is highly effective
- Care has been taken to ensure that the formula does not sensitise skin and is gentle, soothing and refreshing on skin
Krya Classic face wash for oily skin – non foaming face wash to purify, deep cleanse skin and help in oil control
The Krya Classic face wash for oily skin is an ALL NATURAL, CHEMICAL FREE product is made from 26 ayurvedic skincare herbs. The ingredients used are pitta & kapha balancing, and deep cleanse skin without drying it or irritating it. The face wash cleans your skin witout drying it, and leaves skin feeling fresh, yet well nourished.
With regular use, users report that skin is hydrated, sebum levels are balanced, there is an increase in skin clarity, reduction in blemishes and dark spots and overall improvement in skin health.
The Krya classic face wash for oily skin is made with ayurvedic herbs like Arjuna, Himalayan Chamomile, Green Tea, Yashtimadhu, Vacha, Daruharidra etc . Please check our ingredients tab for a complete list of ingredients
Further care for oily sensitive skin prone to acne
We recommend that oily skin which has aggravated Pitta prakriti be best cared for with the 3 part Krya Classic facial system. The Krya Classic facial system comes with the Krya Classic facewash powder, the Krya Classic balancing face mask (lepa) and the Krya Classic Skin Serum. You can read our detailed blog post on the correct oily skin care routine here.
When the complete 3 part Krya Classic facial system is used, oily skin responds in the following 5 ways:
- Balanced oil production
- Complexion evens out
- Pores are minimised and appear more even
- Minor blemishes and scars gradually fade as skin is restored to its even tone and complexion
- Skin has a healthy lustre and radiance
Ayurvedic diet & Lifestyle advice to regulate sebum production
The root cause behind oily and acne-prone skin is dysregulated pitta and kapha. Therefore combination skin or acne-prone skin needs extended diet and lifestyle regulation to prevent this dosha dysregulation. Using an oil control face wash only offers a temporary solution, and Ayurveda is about holistic deep solutions.
Pitta and Kapha imbalance can be controlled by following the correct diet and lifestyle advice.
- Avoid overstimulating skin sensitivity by following pitta diet control practices
- Avoid aggravating Kapha with unsuitable practices like afternoon sleep
- Follow proper dinacharya practices like regular abhyanga, shiro abhyanga, correct exercise, etc
- Good sleep is essential for controlling stress. High stress, poor diet can trigger hormonal imbalances by aggravating Pitta and Kapha leading to issues like excessive skin oiliness, acne, pcos etc
- Mini abhyanga and Pada abhyanga are good practices that can help regulate stress and sleep
- Good quality milk and ghee is essential for good health