The Krya hairwash has been designed for straight or curly hair that tends towards frizziness, has a lot of static, and tends to be dry from within and break easily. In Ayurveda we generally classify this kind of hair under a vata prone constitution. This kind of hair gets damaged very quickly when subjected to synthetic shampoos, silicone based conditioners , heat, and chemical treatments. The nature of vata dosha is rough an dry, and Ayurveda advises the use of specific herbs to control this rough, dry and coarse nature of Vata dosha.
The Krya hairwash for example uses extremely gentle surfactants in a carefully formulated proportion to ensure that delicate hair and scalp is not stripped further of sebum or moisture. We also use a high proportion of gloss enhancing and conditioning herbs to retain the elasticity, cuticular structure and health of hair. Vata prone hair responds extremely well to regular oiling with the right kind of herbs. We have seen that use of the Krya extra conditioning hair oil along with the Krya extra conditioning hairwash help make this kind of hair more manageable, regain strength and improve in health.
Please consider use of the Krya extra conditioning hair system if your hair is extremely dry and unmanageable. This system includes the Krya extra conditioning hair oil, the Krya extra conditioning hairwash and the Krya extra conditioning hair mask.
- The Krya Zesty hair wash – Conditioning has been carefully researched and formulated for hair that is normally dry , frizzy and needs extra conditioning.
- This variant works well with the Krya Extra Conditioning Hair Oil. If you do oil your hair heavily before bath, rinse twice with this product for best results.
- We have used a mix of both traditional and unusual herbs to make up our hair wash and each herb has been chosen for its gentle cleansing or hair softening properties.
- We use only organically grown or pure forest collected herbs in all our Hairwash. This not only helps improve our products efficacy but also helps us stay true to our principle of being a truly environmentally sustainable company.
- Each herb has been carefully processed separately in order to retain its unique nutrient benefits. A batch of Krya hair wash takes over 2 weeks to clean, cure, separately process and blend before it reaches you.
- The Krya conditioning hairwash is a uniquely natural formulation – we use ONLY herbs to make this formulation and every single ingredient has been declared on the pack. There are no other synthetic builders, fillers, colours, surfactants, silicones , preservatives or fragrances that have been added to the product. Every single ingredient comes from some part of a plant and has been minimally manufactured to retain its nutrients.
- The Krya conditioning hairwash is a gentle hair and scalp cleanser.
- It does not contain suspect and potentially harmful ingredients like SLS, SLES, parabens and synthetic fragrances and works to cleanse hair and scalp thoroughly without stripping hair of natural oils.
- The natural plant conditioners in the formulation leave your hair feeling smooth , conditioned and manageable.
- The grey water from the use of this product can be easily recycled or re-directed into your garden.
Shuba D –
This is a product review and a personal journey !
I used to hate hair washes. Traditional shikakai wash by myself meant hair would end up being sticky at the end of the wash and my mother would sneak in shampoo to remove the oily bits. Later when I moved to full shampoo, I could never master the perfect conditioning to ensure zero frizz :D, so my hair ended up looking dry by the end of the day ( revealing the damage within). To think, my scalp and hair went through such routine for 30 odd years :O
Once I discovered Krya hair washes and first few tries were disheartening. It was either too much hair wash being used or I would discover clumps of hair wash in my hair through the day. I kept it, actively reading comments from community members sharing what worked for them.
I realized that I had to oil overnight and not just before wash, I had to apply the wash like mask and then massage it through my scalp and leave the length of my hair alone.
Once the basic hurdles were crossed and my system was in place, I was super happy to see the results. No matter what oil I use, this is my go to hair wash for my hair type. Frizz is phenomenally gone, even on post hair wash days. Hair is not sticky or smelly. No clumps of hair wash and the hair stays smooth through the day till I am ready for next bit of oiling.
This product cannot be called magic, because it is not inexplicable. It is just good Ayurveda!
Jenny S. (verified owner) –
Aarti (verified owner) –
This is one of my most favourite products! The hair feels squeaky clean, looks shiny and has a soft bounce to it once I use the conditioning mask and wash system.
Meenu A (verified owner) –
Vishnumohan Rethinam (verified owner) –
Used this for the first time after ordering it some time ago. Massaged head with warm Harmony hair oil, left it on for an hour and then did a double rinse. Hair felt light and smooth, almost as if a weight had been removed from the head. Superb product :); recommending for Men with dry, frizzy hair!
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Hema Sriram (verified owner) –
This is my favourite. I use only this. And it feels very soft on my scalp.
Nisha Sanghvi Mehta (verified owner) –
Sapna Dutta (verified owner) –
Only product that cleans my scalp thoroughly.
Ananya Panda (verified owner) –
I’m not too happy with this product. It doesn’t remove oil from my hair and the quantity is quite less as well. It gets stuck to the hair and is a pain while washing. I’d oiled my hair and the powder wasn’t enough to remove the oil. I had to use normal shampoo.
RAKHEE PANCHAL (verified owner) –
Leaves my hair soft, conditioned and manageable without the need for a separate conditioner. The whole herbs give a clean and refreshing feeling to the scalp
Rishikesan Parthiban (verified owner) –